Around the World Blog Hop

I was tagged for the Around the World Blog Hop by Lisa on her beautiful blog The Quilting Bird. Thanks for the tag Lisa and for opening my eyes to Zenia's blog A Quilted Passion.

The Around the World Blog Hop is kind of like a chain letter except it's with blogs on the internet.  It's a great opportunity to meet and learn about other bloggers.  When tagged, the tagee has to acknowledge who tagged them, answer 4 questions and then tag 3 different bloggers. If you can't find 3, one will do (see the bottom of the post for my three!)!

So here goes...

What am I working on?

Currently I'm just gathering ideas for Christmas projects. I want to make a new advent calender and decorations for our tree. Also, because money is tight, I will probably making some presents for people so need ideas to make them look as expensive as possible!

How does my work differ from others of its genre?



I guess what features on my blog differs from the many other craft blogs out there because I am just a beginner. A lot of craft blogs out there are from the perspective of crafters who have an established product or products and are selling them whereas I am just figuring out and documenting the basics.

Why do I write/create what I do?

The aim of my blog is to inspire crafters of all levels to just get the glue out and make. I think crafting is such a joy to do and is wonderful for your mental health particularly nowadays when everything is so instant and rushed; it's nice to work with your hands and have to take time to complete a project.

In my weekly Tiddlybits, I put together a list of links to all the great ideas I come across on Pinterest in the hope that they inspire people to create wonderful stuff of their own.



This week I've also featured creative baking ideas as I also love baking and think that's another great with to get creative and might suit people who don't want to spend hours elbow deep in Papier-mâché!

How does my writing/creative process work?

For the posts about the crafting projects I attempt, I take pictures for every step of the project and then I will either create a step by step tutorial using the pictures and written instructions or if it was a relatively simple project, just let the pictures do the talking! I usually write a little about why I decided to take on that project and the lessons I've learned from the process too.

For the weekly Tiddlybits, I pick a theme usually sparked by something I've found in my house and I wonder about all the different things you could do with it. I then create a secret board on Pinterest and pin all the great ideas on the theme I find in there. Then I pick out 4 or 5 favourites and pop pictures of  them in a blog post with comments on why I think they're so good as well as links to the blogs/websites where they were originally posted.



For my new Morning Walks feature, I just take pictures when me and my boyfriend are out walking. I edit them in Photoshop creating a collage of the various photos and then upload that to Tiddlybobs. As the aim is just to inspire people I don't usually write anything in order to let the pictures speak for themselves. 

Who am I tagging?

It's EXTREMELY difficult to pick three as there are so many great blogs out there but these three are my current favourites! 

My first tag goes to Tinkered Treasures who's blog is so beautiful and cute especially the recent Girlie  Office feature - which I am now totally jealous of! 

My second tag is for Turquoise Autumn which is full of stunning photos and I love the Wilderness Wednesday posts. 

And finally, The Villa on Mount Pleasant  who creates the most stunning vintage interiors and gives me serious house envy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment