It's the final countdown!!

This week I have started making my own advent calendar which will soon be revealed on this blog but in the meantime I thought I'd give you a few advent calendar ideas, in the form of this weeks Tiddlybits, so that you might be inspired to make your own. 


From the queen of all things crafty, Martha Stewart, comes this delightful matchbox advent calendar. Each day the matchbox is turned around to reveal a piece of a Christmas themed picture, in this case a Christmas tree but you could pick your own. You can also place sweets inside the boxes or perhaps rolled up pieces of paper with wishes or activities to do together on them. 


I love this box garland advent calendar from Crafts Unleashed. It's super easy to make and you can add your own flair by mixing up the colours and number design. You could also think about making the boxes yourself out of recycled toilet paper rolls.

As followers of this blog may know, I have discovered that there is nothing that you can't do with a recycled toilet roll and advent calendars are no exception. 


Take for example Morning Creativity's super charming advent calendar house made from toilet rolls covered with brown paper. I bet this is sooooo much fun to break into each day and see what's inside! I think I would paint the roof too or perhaps make it into a Christmas tree shape rather than a house.


You could also cover your toilet paper rolls in fabric or paper and make this great cracker themed advent calendar from Mindy Pitcher. This is the perfect one if you haven't got much space as you can hang it on the back of a door or the side of a bookshelf. 


Or how about making your toilet paper rolls completely unrecognisable and turning them into this gift box advent calendar from North Story? This is such a beautiful idea and the tutorial is fantastic so you have no excuse not to make it!


Finally, I love this gingerbread man garland from one of my favourite food blogs Honestly Yum and as I was putting this blog post together, I thought why not ice numbers on to the gingerbread man and each day you could eat one? So I'm putting that out there into the world and if you make it, I want day 24! 

I could go on and on as there are so many creative advent calendar ideas out there but please check out the Tiddlybobs Christmas Pinterest Board 'Snow is falling...' for some more ideas as well as many many more craft ideas for the holiday season. I will be updating it all the time so make sure you follow that board!

Thank you for reading and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment