A Stitch in Time

One of my discoveries during my many hours on Pinterest has been Embroidery Art. I am constantly amazed by what people can create with just a needle and thread - the texture, the light and shadow, the beauty! It's outstanding and though I can only hope to achieve half the greatness of these artists I couldn't resist having a go myself. 

Tonight I created this scene based on the Irish Myth of 'The Salmon Of Knowledge' about a boy who gains all the knowledge in the world when he tastes part of the fish known as the salmon of knowledge. 



I must say I'm super pleased with the results for a first try. It's a bit messy and I could have planned the stitches better so the overall effect was more symmetrical but overall I like it. Plus the whole process was really relaxing! Next embroidery project here I come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment